Welcome to the secret cookie recipe page. I’m glad you clicked here! Just for paying attention, use this coupon: SECRETCOOKIE21 at checkout for 5% off!
You’ve heard of sugar cookies, but what are brown sugar cookies? Brown sugar cookies are chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips. What sets them apart most from your average sugar cookie is the use of brown sugar. If you haven’t tried them, you’re in the right place. This is by far, my favorite type of cookie.
Here’s your ingredients:
– 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
– 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
– 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
– 1 large egg, at room temperature
– 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
And now for the instructions:
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy. This should take about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch (sorry, but it’s good), baking soda and salt. Add into the wet ingredients, then beat on low speed until combined. The cookie dough will be slightly thick. Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. You must chill this dough or it will not come out properly.
3. Remove cookie dough from your fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F or 177°C. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. This saves you cleanup. Set this aside.
4. Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together when you work the dough with your hands. Roll balls of dough to around 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each into balls.
5. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. The cookies will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. If the cookies are too puffy, try gently pressing down on them with the back of a spoon. They will slightly deflate as you let them cool. If you have some friends that refuse to eat cookies without chocolate, now is a good time to squeeze a few on top of the cookies.
6. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely if you want to do it right, but let’s be honest, you’ll probably want to eat a few of those bad boys warm. These cookies stay fresh for around a week at room tempature (covered).
7. Enjoy! Now you know what brown sugar cookies are like.
This recipie is a modified version of this recipe